2 Little Piggies Brought to you by:

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cycle One: Accelerate! Day 6 - Gobble Gobble Gobble

Hi everyone, if there is anyone out there.
Carrot, cabbage, celery and ginger juice! Yummers!


Sleep is so important. Not just for the purpose of resting but also for restoring our bodies while we sleep. Our livers for instance, go through a very healthful phase and peak their rejuvenation, somewhere between the hours of 11 pm and 2 am. If we are not sleeping or at least resting, our bodies don't recover from the elements that we expose them to.


Both Irene and I were late in getting to sleep, in fact it wasn't until 2:45 am that Irene toddled off to bed and I watched the sunrise for the third day in a row. I know. But
an unnatural circadian rythym is something that I have been battling with for 23 years now. Irene too, has had dominant insomnia spells. It's awful.


I am craving popcorn this very minute that I am writing this. I guess this would be my first craving since I started the 17 Day Diet. I am going for a cup of tea. BRB...


...Irene made some juice for her lunch which was my breakfast today. I love fresh veggie juice. It is so delicious and colourful. Irene says this diet is SOOO DELICIOUS!! I have to agree. I am happy that she is more enthusiastic about this than I, otherwise I might be paying less than the expected careful attention to diet details. Thank you Irene.


Irene is cooking supper tonight. Something she has been dreaming about, planning and refining for the past five days. Her turkey burgers. In fact she is a ground turkey virgin. 
Q: Have you ever eaten ground turkey before? A: "Never had ground turkey in this house ever before" she says adamantly from the living room whilst I write. 
Q: Now that you have had it and like it, will you continue to use it in other recipes that call for ground beef or pork? A: "ABSOLUTELY". That is very encouraging to me, yet I don't know why.

I snuck in this picture before they were done. The odour infiltrating this house is out of this world incredible! MAN O MAN
Finished product was a delight for the senses, all the senses. Sight, smell, taste, touch and even sound. I could hear the crunch of peppers and taste the rich flavour of the linseed oil on my salad. Mmm Mmm. The beans were crispy and warm, but the recipe of the week goes to Irene's Turkey Burgers. Wowie, wow wow!
Irene served hers on a bed of spinach salad that she tossed with fat free Italian dressing along with a side of mushrooms and red onions that were fried in olive oil.
All freebie foods on the 17 Day Diet.


I served mine on a bed of mushrooms and red onion, topping it with hot sauce and hot banana peppers. I also added a dash of Kosher salt and opted for the linseed oil on my spinach salad. UNREAL



After supper Irene and I did an 18.5 minute ALL Neil Diamond work out. I seem to be dancing the Charleston every day and also reach for the ceiling to elongate and stretch my body. Irene and I exercise separately so I cannot really write about what she does. She did tell me that her knees were bad today. I feel bad because I know all to well what that is like. No worries Irene. I still love you even if you cannot Jitterbug any more. Hug Hug, Kiss Kiss.


It's a Wonderful Life.
Goodnight Health Fans... ^_^


Read tomorrow's blog here: Sunday's Seven!
Read yesterday's blog here: A 10 lb loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment